Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rock the road

Folks, I hope you're all doing well. I've been playing some shows over the past few weeks and it's been a thing. I've been working it out and you've been there to help me out and sing some bits and I appreciate that. Just getting it together. That's all. Let's not force it. Ease it. Still thinking about the news that's happening around the world and figuring out how it all affects us. Next week I head down to Florida to catch the Barenaked Ladies Ships & Dip V cruise. To all who will be on that - looking forward to meeting you and making music with you. And after I get back - who knows? The new album Good Watermelon is ready and I have copies to sell at my shows. Hopefully soon it'll be more readily available. I'd really like to get to morer writing too. Anyway, here are the lyrics to my newest song, Rock the Road.

Rock the Road

One day, there was a rock & roll band
they played and then they met all their fans
and before they left in their van
somebody put out his hand
and said,

Chorus:
Oh, oh, oh
oh, oh, oh
let's rock the road to sunshine

Bobby - he wasn't writing the songs
but he had a good vibe on the drums
and when this hand came along
he felt like it'd been too long
he said,

Chorus

And the fans took the band to the riverbank
and on that field they were healed when the whole gang sang
Gimme some lovin'
gimme gimme some lovin'
well, the tour manager wasn't sure at the beginning
but when the sun came shining in the morning time he was singing

Chorus

No comments: