Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A little time away ...

Tomorrow my Halifax friends and I are going to hold a Watermelon picnic in my backyard and film it. We're going to sing the songs from the new album. Everyone knows them here by now. I've been handing out advance copies like it's going out of style and the album is never going to actually be released for real. Well...

It's going to be fun. I'll share it all with you soon.

But first ...

I'm going to Montreal and to my family's country house on Friday to take some time off. The summer has been non-stop for me. Not so much non-stop in the sense of touring and playing shows and press conferences and late-night airplane trips. Non-stop in the sense that my brain has been going non-stop, worrying and agonizing over the new album and how to release it and where to go and what to do. It's gotten to the point that I can't see the forest for the trees. I need a little rejuvenation. A little windsurfing. A little visit to my old summer camp, Camp Massad. Though the summer session is over. But my best-friend is the director. The whole thing is very grounding. That's what I need right now. You see, to give myself fully to you guys through music, performance and communication online, I need to be happy with myself and centered. If I'm not than I start to resent the whole thing, and that's not gonna make it good for either of us. I really want the whole experience of sharing my music and thoughts with you guys to be an organic and full-bodied thing. It's gotta be somthing that I live and wanna do. Anyway, I'm losing myself a bit now. The main point is that I need a bit of time away from music and career stuff. I hope to come back at it in a few weeks time refreshed and ready to start sharing again! And let me say this - I have lots to share. Once I can look at a computer screen without shooting anxiety again, I'm going to be posting lots!

I hope you have all had meaningful summers and good hikes. Here are some photos from the last two weeks:

a hike with Sarah



















a show at Gus' Pub in Halifax

No comments: