Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In Nashville

Hi everyone!

I've arrived in Nashville. I apologize for being out of touch the last few weeks as I've been preparing for the trip and raising money. The fundraiser show was a giant success and a lot of fun! One of the best musical experiences of my life so far.

I've been here in Nashville for a few days now. I had a show last night at the Basement and it was fun. It was the first time I played live with Jason Cheek on drums and Will Harrison on bass. We tried out some of the new tunes.

Tomorrow I get to move into the studio and get more settled. It's been a bit hard to loosen up and have some fun again here in Nashville... I find myself all serious and ready to make an album. But I keep forgetting one of the most important elements: FUN. I want to just let loose and get into the rhythm of life here in Nashville.



I saw an amazing band Monday night at the Station Inn, a great funky little whole in the wall venue. The band plays there every Monday night and is called The Time Jumpers. Fantastic. They are the best of the best. And the regulars there were so nice too. They took the time to introduce all of the members of the band for me. They were just really excited to share it all with a newcomer. The highlight for me was watching the pedal steel player, named Paul Franklin. He Supposedly he is the best of the best, and I don't doubt it. But what really moved me is seeing the joy on his face throughout the night. He was like a little kid up there!!! So inspiring.

We start recording again on the 14th and go through till the 28th -- with 2 days off. Nervous and excited. Mostly excited. I hope I don't get sick...but I know the more I think about the worse off I'll be. Trying to stay positive.

AHHHGGG!!! YEAH!!! Come on Nashville.... I wanna let loose. The ball's in my court. I think Nashville has already stepped to the plate.

What should I do tonight??

Haven't been to the Belcourt theatre yet.

Talk to you guys soon....

Mike

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Carter Administration are a Nashville must see if they have a gig while you are there.

Hhall said...

Come see us at The Belcourt anytime...tons of great movies, music & theatre!

Unknown said...

The Time Jumpers are awesome! Brian and I saw them play at the Station Inn a couple of years ago:)