Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Welcome to my new blog, folks

I've got a new album, and now I've got a new blog. The album, called Good Watermelon, is not out yet. I'll let you know when that's happening. But the blog is out and i'm sure it's gonna take on a life of its own. I've got some cool things planned. But I think I'll ease into it. Auuugghh. This is gonna be nice.

Well, it's summer in Halifax (where I live now), and I still haven't made it out to Cape Breton yet. Nor have I made it to the beach to go windsurfing. I hear there's a great one near Laurencetown called Stoney Beach. I'm gonna check it out soon. Mainly I've been taking advantage of unlimited yoga and getting into jogging and frisbee. And I bought a huge hula-hoop last month that's been a lot of fun.

Anyway, this might be a blog that's slightly on the boring and mundane side, but have no worries - I'll be coming at you with all sorts of clever and life-altering observations. No ... mainly I'll be letting you know what I'm up to day-to-day. Some music stuff and some ordinary stuff too. Maybe some thoughts on books and movies too. I've been watching a lot of movies this summer. Did you know that Halifax has the best video store I've ever come across? It's called Video Difference and it's open 24 hours and they take Canadian Tire money (for those of you who don't live in Canada - Canadian Tire is a generic chain that sells everything from tires to flashlights and camping gear - it's classic stuff, and they give out their own kind of money with every purchase).

Anyway, more on everything later. Good night. I've come up with a rule that only lets me be on the internet for 2 hours each day. I'm over by 30 minutes. Gotta go to bed and read a bit. Here's what I'm looking like this summer ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mike,
Glad to see the blog. Just to let you know that I think this is a great way to keep us up to date on stuff.

We saw you first at Craig C's concert at the Bomber at U. Waterloo and if you hadn't been sending out the emails I'm sure we'd forget about you... not 'cause the music was in anyway forgettable just b/c we wouldn't see you around.

(Social media strategy hereby approved!)

Ezra Soiferman said...

Evin On Earth! I love the blog's name! :)

See you back in Montreal soon....

Keep going strong, Mike-11.

Ez
EzSez.com